zhilei zhang boxing

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Broderick
댓글 0건 조회 4회 작성일 24-09-22 04:42

본문

Ball remained on top in the ninth and 10th rounds as Vargas became weary. Ball sensed it and, in the 11th, sent Vargas sprawling to the canvas with a right hook. Vargas complained, but it was ruled a knockdown.

Parker has scored four consecutive wins since an 11th-round KO loss to Joyce in 2022. A former heavyweight titleholder, Parker won the vacant WBO belt when he narrowly outpointed Andy Ruiz in 2016. Parker’s other two defeats came in 2018, back-to-back decision losses to Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte.

class=Zhilei zhang boxer is known for his powerful fighting style and techniques in the boxing ring. With his impressive height and reach, Zhang utilizes his jab to keep his opponents at bay while setting up devastating power punches. His footwork and defensive skills also play a crucial role in his success, allowing him to control the pace of the fight and avoid taking unnecessary damage. Zhang’s combination of strength, skill, and strategy make him a formidable opponent for anyone in the heavyweight division.

Hrgović participated in the 2010 AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships, held in Baku, Azerbaijan. He beat Jozsef Zsigmund in the first round, Fargan Omarov in the quarterfinals and Joseph Parker in the semifinals to earn a place in the tournament finals, where he faced Tony Yoka. It was the first of three future meetings in amateur competitions. He beat Yoka by points to win the gold medal. Hrgović earned a 10 000 kuna payout from the Croatian Boxing Federation for this victory.

From afar, George had cringed at how Zhang was being developed. There was no plan, he says. No visible signs of improvement. The only objective seemed to be to lard Zhang’s record with enough warm bodies until one of the top heavyweights would pay a premium to face him. "Do you remember Nikolai Valuev?" asks George, referencing the 7-foot Russian who briefly held a heavyweight title. "That’s how everyone was looking at Zhilei. Like a gimmick."

The more George watched, the more he liked. Zhang had size, sure. But he also had speed. Athleticism. Slashing power. After the meet, the Chinese coaches invited George to a camp in the Poconos. "They liked my philosophies," says George. With the 2010 Asian Games around the corner, the coaches asked George to come to Beijing to work with their top prospects.

Joyce said, "I’m just disappointed with my performance. The hand kept hitting me, and I couldn’t get out of the way. So, respect to Zhilei Zhang. It was a good fight, but I think I could have done better.

He took third place at the 2007 World Amateur Boxing Championships in Chicago, thus qualifying for boxing at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, where he won a silver medal. His fight was the last event of the 2008 Olympics. His coaches were disappointed he missed the publicity that would have accompanied the final gold medal for China. Despite that, he attracted a lot of attention by being the first Asian to win an Olympic medal in the unlimited weight class. At the 2012 Olympics, he was defeated on points in the quarterfinal by Anthony Joshua, the future unified heavyweight world champion.

Zhang’s journey to the top echelons of boxing hasn’t been as illustrious as his opponents until his recent back-to-back victories over Joe Joyce, both secured via knockouts. While these wins showcased his potential, his track record includes losses to fighters like Filip Hrgovic and Joseph Parker. However, Zhang’s performance against Parker suggests he’s honing his skills and evolving as a competitor, making him a formidable opponent. Based on his showing against Parker, Zhang appears to have the edge heading into this matchup.

Jermell Charlo was the undisputed champion but has been stripped of all four of his titles as he hasn't competed at 154 pounds since May 2022. That opened the door for Madrimov and Kurbanov to compete in their first title bout.

Bakole and Parker will fight on the Fury undercard, at least, and Frank Sanchez takes Joe Joyce’s spot. I think Sanchez is a pretty good boxer, but not some king waiting to inevitably be crowned like the FOX guys made out over the years, and you’d REALLY wish for him to finally fight better competition. Instead, he faces Scott Alexander this weekend. At 31, his year is going to be

Nicknamed "Big Bang," Zhang (26-1-1, 21 KO) secured the interim WBO title in the previous year, showcasing his prowess with consecutive knockouts against Joe Joyce. The first victory featured a grotesque swelling, while the second was a one-hitter quitter five months later. These wins have positioned Zhang for a shot at the full title currently held by Oleksandr Usyk. However, with the unified champion expected to be occupied throughout 2024 with Tyson Fury, Zhang will instead take on the former WBO titleholder, Joseph Parker (34-3, 23 KO).

In 2007 behaalde Zhang de bronzen medaille op de wereldkampioenschappen in Chicago. Het jaar daarop behaalde hij de zilveren medaille op de Olympische Spelen in Peking. Hier werd hij in de finale verslagen door Roberto Cammarelle. In 2009 behaalde hij de bronzen medaille op de wereldkampioenschappen 2009 in Milaan. Zhang kwalificeerde zich voor de Olympische Spelen 2012, maar werd in de kwartfinales op punten verslagen door de toekomstige wereldkampioen zwaargewicht Anthony Joshua.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.